Saturday 9 June 2012

PURE HMV Haul's


As the blog title suggests this is about the haul of goods I have gotten from the Purehmv, a scheme run by the British retailer HMV.

The scheme works like most loyalty schemes basically you earn points on things you buy instore and online, and over the last 2 years-ish I have raised tens of thousands of points. I recently received from them saying I had points that will expire so I thought I would use them.

So all in I have claimed two hauls from the scheme one from about 6 months ago and one that just came in today that I arranged earlier in the week, this blog is just a look at the hauls in question.

Postcards

These are two sets of postcards I received in the most recent haul I ordered. The six glossy postcards are image stills from movies in world cinema, and the four in the middle are "Advertizing" The Black Swan in the 1920's 1930's style.

Iphone 3GS Covers
These cover I got in my first haul six months ago when I had my Iphone it then broke a few days later they are now redundant :(. One is from Avatar (DUH) and the other is E-Hondas face paint from Street Fighter.

High Quality 10x8 Images of singers/bands
These are really nice high quality images which my camera does no justice, the two on the top are Alphabeat (Top Left) and Athlete (Top Right) I have heard a few of their tacks and they are pretty good. The two at the bottom are of the same group (I assume) called Delphic. I have never heard of them personally but woul love to hear some of their stuff.

Limited (numbered) Edition A3 posters
These four Limited Edition posters are awesome the two at the top are Lady GAGA (110/1000) and John Hurt (514/1000) are from my recent haul, and the two at the bottom are Daniel Craig (169/500) and Hideo Kojima (369/1000).

All four images have inspirational sentences one them which are all awesome and below:

Hideo Kojima poster qoute:

"Surrendered to self preservation from others who care for themselves, a blindness that touches perfection but hurts like nothing else. Isolation, Isolation, Isolation" Joy Division "Isolation"

Daniel Craig poster quote:

"Miss Jean Louise. Stand up. Your father's passin'" To Kill A Mockingbird (1962)

John Hurt poster quote:

"The truth is rarely pure and never simple" Algernon Moncrieff to Lady Bracknell in 'The Importance of Being Earnest (1895) Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

Lady GAGA poster qoute:

"Art is what you can get away with" Andy Warhol (1928-1987)  

Well thats that lol but for those that don't want to read all this below is a Vlog with said items in :) enjoy:


Thanks for reading/watching and see you all again soon :) Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment